Simplicity has become something I value as of late.
With life forcing all of us to slow down and disconnect, I’ve been able to hone in on the things in my life that I connect with.
I’ve found that I really vibe with having a routine, a simple, flexible routine, but a routine nevertheless. Something as simple as waking up and starting my morning with a devotional and a cup of tea can set my tone for the rest of the day.
All of my routines are simple, from skincare, to face care and even hair care. I work hard to keep them that way (one stroll through the skincare section at Target is all it takes to tempt me into reinstating my product junkie status tho).
Currently, I’m in a stage of trying to grow out my hair to allow it to be its healthiest self. This means that I keep my hair in low manipulation styles, deep condition once a week, and try my best to stay on top of hydrating my hair (sometimes I forget and my scalp quickly reminds me). I’ve been pretty content with the results so far but one area I’ve always struggled with was my edges. I’m a 4c curly girl with edges that come and go and cooperate as they please. Rarely does this concern me but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t give a few edge growth products a try in the past few years.
When Edge Naturale reached out to me and asked me to review their product, I was excited! A product that I could, if it worked, add into my simple daily routine that would help solve a problem that I needed an answer to. It seemed like a no brainer, so I said “Yes”!
As of this point, I’ve been using the Edge Naturale Follicle Enhancer For Natural Edges for about two weeks. Here’s what I love about it so far:
- It’s a simple add-in to my daily routine. You simply apply it wherever you’d like twice daily. For me, that’s my edges and the nape of my neck. I like to dampen my hair and massage the product into my scalp in the morning and at night right before bed.
- It smells great. The fresh peppermint smell honestly makes me feel so good in the morning and I enjoy the fact that it’s light and not overpowering.
- The ingredients are natural. Peppermint oil, Argan oil, Castor oil, Jojoba oil, and more! I’m quite picky about what I put into my hair, so I’m happy that this product is also selective about what is being placed in my hair and on my scalp.
- They encourage you to take before and after pictures! I think it shows a certain level of confidence when a company places on their product (yes it’s on the physical tub) that they want you to take before and after photos. To me, that states that they know their product works.
- Lastly, I love how this product feels. In the tub, it’s surprisingly light and feels almost whipped. When it goes on my head, it doesn’t feel heavy or sticky. It doesn’t leave any gunky residue behind or clump my hair together. Finally, I love the slight cooling/tingling sensation on my scalp after the application, that alone makes me feel like it’s working.
As a bonus, this business is a small, black-owned, woman-owned business. You guys already know how I feel about supporting small businesses.
Overall, I’m pleased with this product. I’ll be continuing to use this product as a part of my morning and nighttime routine for the rest of this month, I’m excited to see what changes are to come with my hair.
If you’re interested in checking out the Edge Naturale Follicle Enhancer For Natural Edges, head on over to their website EdgeNaturale.com. They extended their labor day sale so if you act fast you can get a pretty good deal!
Taking care of yourself is so important! I believe that with all of my heart so when I have the chance to celebrate a product that helps me to do just that, you better believe I’m going to be sharing that with you!
Thanks for reading friends, we’ll chat soon.