Thanks so much for stopping by and welcome to my creative space.
I write because…
I love to, it’s as simple as that. I love interpreting the world around me though words and photos and I get to do all of that right here.
I believe in sharing. Sharing struggles and enduring together, growing strong together. I believe in rejoicing and celebrating triumphs together. I believe in joining together to solve a problem and in sharing perspectives in order to better understand each other. Thats what I hope this space will be, a place where people of all ages, backgrounds and experiences can come together and share and learn.
The main topics I write about can be found in my categories tab in the side menu. Take a peek and stay tuned as I have just revamped my page and I’m sure as I write more, more categories will be born.
Get to know me!
Before you go! Here are a few quick facts about me to help you know the writer behind the page:
- I am a proud daughter of immigrants and first generation American. My parents both came to the US from Barbados less than 30 years ago.
- I studied sociology in university and currently hold a B.A. in that field. I have thoughts of furthering my studies but that all depends on where I end up in the next few years.
- I am passionate about the next generation and as a result I am passionate about providing tools for them to succeed. I support others who are also in support of the next gen. I have some projects brewing in that direction and I’m looking forward to sharing them with you guys in the upcoming months. Stay Tuned.
- Along with being passionate about the next generation I am also passionate about women. I believe sisterhood is the most important tool and should be celebrated.
- I have two sides split into a perfect 50/50. One half is super girlie; heels, floral print everything, pink and gold and fluffy everything, dresses and tights and make up and lipstick. The other half is the more rough and tumble girl I was as a child. The one who loves to get messy throw things, sweat and show up the boys on the football field. I’m sure we’ll discuss how that came to be in a post at some point.
- I came to writing when I found myself desperate for a way to express myself. I’ve been doing it in journals from the time I was young (6 or 7) and carried it along for the rest of my life. Writing has helped me navigate rough times in my life and keep track of my mental health. I decided to switch to a more public forum when I started sharing my stories with others and for the first time I realized my story had an impact and could potentially help others. So with that my blog was born. It has taken a while for me to get personal on such a public forum and I’m still working on it, but having readers like who who read and support through likes and comments and shares helps a lot! So thank you!
Well, that’s it for now!
Those are a few things about me and I’m sure you’ll discover more as you check out my site.
Wanna chat or collaborate? Shoot a message to NicoleEva.firstname.lastname@example.org!! I’d love to chat with you!