So, today’s the day! It’s my birthday. If you have been keeping up with my recent posts then you would know that this next year has been something I’ve been struggling with a little. But. You would have also seen that I’ve managed to not only come to terms with it, but I’ve managed to finally get excited for it. Yay me!
This is going to be a quick little post, but I wanted to acknowledge the healthy little things that I’ve done or learned during the last year that I’m excited to be bringing into my next year; let’s go!
5 healthy things I’m bringing into year 27:
- Rest appreciation- this year I learned how valuable rest really is. I learned the importance of saying “no, thanks” and not over committing. I learned how to relax and slow down while still being productive. This is something I look forward to continuing.
- Value of friendships- I learned about true friendships this year. I’ve always had friends, but friends who you can argue with, be annoyed with, build with, pray with, celebrate with, learn with and cry with has been something I haven’t had and didn’t know I needed. This year I realized who those people that I could do that with in my life were.
- Self worth- This year I became adamant about making sure that I was not allowing myself to be mistreated or undervalued. This was the first year that I felt confident enough to let others know how they could and could not address me. Now, this has not been done disrespectfully, but firmly. And to be honest, it feels great. At work, in friendships, at home, etc., I remain respectful while reminding others of my value as a human.
- Budgeting- I have gotten good at this, and I will only get better. Cheers to financial freedom 2019!!
- Therapy- I haven’t mentioned his yet, only because its super new, but I’ve found myself a therapist and I’m pretty proud of myself. It’s important to remain healthy in all aspects of life and I personally think America would be a better place if everyone had a therapist. But. That’s just my opinion. MY therapist is great (so far) and I’m excited for the things we’re going to be working on. Yasss for mental health!
Okay! Those are my 5 healthy things I’m bringing into year 27! I’m excited and ready to go! Thank you to all of my readers who have encouraged me this year! You all are amazing, from friends I know in person, to readers I’ve never officially met… you guys make this fun and it wouldn’t be the same with out you!