This is my first consistent year of blogging. The first time I’ve had an actual calendar of posts, footage in stock and mapped out when and what I would post about.
Because this is my first year of taking blogging seriously, I still have a lot to learn. I plan on learning all of those things in the upcoming year, but this year my focus was simply on having the discipline to be consistent. I think I’ve done a pretty decent job at that.
So, what drove me to start a blog anyway? A lot of things actually! Let’s take a look at them below:
- I love writing – That’s definitely a BIG part of the reason I started blogging. I really enjoy writing and I always have.
- The desire to share – I’ve always had the desire to share information and things that I’ve learned in life with others. I want to share life discoveries, tips and tricks, strategies and share experiences with people all over the world.
- Community – The writer community is an interesting one and I’ve always wanted to be a part of it. There’s something cool that happens when you get a bunch of writers together either physically or through collaboration and I’ve dreamed of being a part of it since day one.
- Finances – I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t partially motivated at the thought of making money through my writing. Eventually I would love to make enough money through blogging to become financially independent and I am currently working on strategies to do just that.
- Glamour – There is a little bit of a glamorous celebrity vibe that I get from bloggers who have done it right and who are reaping the benefits of their hard work. They are the bloggers who get paid to use certain products or paid to travel and visit certain places or wear certain brands. Those bloggers keep me excited about blogging…are they the main reason I blog? No, but it definitely gives me a goal.
- Ministry – I love to help others. I love to use what I know and what I’ve learned and what I am currently learning to help inspire and grow others. I would love it if one day my blog could be a resource for older teens and young adults to help them navigate through this crazy world they live in. I want to use this blog as my ministry and help those who need it. That has to be the main reason I started this blog.
- Creativity – Blogging motivates me to expand creatively. It motivates me to learn more about things like photography, videography, graphic design and elements related to those. Setting a creative goal and watching myself accomplish it brings me joy!
Those are a few of the reasons I started blogging. I’ve enjoyed this process and I hope that in 5 years I will still love blogging as much as I do now in the beginning stages.
Are you a new blogger? What motivated you to begin your blog? If you’ve been doing this for a while, what advice do you have for newer bloggers? Lets chat!
Thanks for reading and I’ll see you next time!